1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1 green apple – peeled and grated
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil (also extra for muffin pan)
2 eggs (or flax egg substitute – see variation below)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the grated apple, coconut sugar, coconut oil and eggs or egg substitute.
- Grease a medium size 9 serving muffin pan with coconut oil. I recommend using muffin liners for the vegan version.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend with out over mixing. Scoop the muffin mix in sections into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a toothpick. The vegan version will need just a little additional baking time.
- Cool and serve. Can be stored in fridge or frozen.