- 2 medium beet roots scrubbed clean and diced into ¾ -inch cubes
- 2 cups Watercress, Arugula or Spinach
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 1 -2 tbsp unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp pecans or other nuts
- ¼ cup goat cheese – crumbled
- ½ tbsp organic cold pressed virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper if you want an easy clean up. Place the beets onto the pan and toss with olive oil and a touch of salt. When the oven is heated baked the beets for 25-30 minutes, turning the beets halfway through to cook evenly. Remove from oven when tender and let cool.
- Rinse and clean your veggies and berries.
- In a bowl over your selected greens arrange the beets, shredded carrots, berries, and goat cheese. Sprinkle with seeds and nuts.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- 2 tbsp organic cold pressed virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tbsp champagne vinegar
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 – 2 tsp chopped “fresh” herbs – thyme, rosemary, dill or mint (choose your favorite and be as generous as you want)
- Himalayan sea salt
Combine all ingredients and blend.
If don’t have time to roast the beets, try Love Beets. I use them all the time. Or roast the beets ahead of time and store in the fridge.